This new moon cycle in Gemini has me contemplating JOY...specifically, the distinction between...
What do I enjoy?
What brings me joy?
This nugget of contemplation was inspired by a story I watched on the morning news.
Later, my husband mused about it while having coffee together. What I realize is that there is a difference...
Joy is more of a feeling, a state of being.
To enjoy is an action, a state of doing.
So, while I enjoy many things...eating ice cream, walking on the beach with a friend, watching netflix...asking myself "What brings me joy?" takes me on a deeper journey.
The answers surprised me.
My joy list...
- Moments of laughter and connection with my children
- Talking with my mom...about anything
- Organizing my pantry
- Tending to the garden
- Walking barefoot on the grass
- Creating something new and beautiful
- Seeing a client make a connection to something deep and meaningful
- Waking up to a clean kitchen
- Visiting an old friend and seeing how happy they are now
- A big aha that comes with journaling
- Discovering a new bud on an orchid
- Laughing with my husband
- Seeing rainbows
- Creating altars-(see my latest altar...to my Half-Heartedness... below!)
I discovered that I find joy in the sacred and mundane, in both doing and being.
And while I enjoy many things, I'm now on the look out for what really lights my body and soul up with joy!
May you cultivate being "in joy"...a state of being...and capture these moments when you may, or may not, be doing anything at all!
P.S. Joy is a high vibration state of being, and a key attractor for more high vibes in your life. If you've been feeling a bit flat in your life, look over your list and tap into the power of joy for an instant uplift!
And if you're a coach or entrepreneur and feel the need to uplevel your life and your offers, check out my new 3-Month Group Journey, MAGNETIC.
This SACRED Business Journey is an opportunity to embrace your fear, use it to fuel your business and create an opt-in and offer that magnetizes your ideal client. Learn more by clicking the button. Yes, I'm Read